Nationality Related / Permanent Residency
Acquisition of naturalization of a married immigrant with F-6 visa status
F-6-1 Naturalization(married status)
1. A person who has been married to a Korean spouse who lived in Korea for more than 2 years.
2. A person who has been married to a Korean spouse for 3 years and lived in Korea for over a year.
F-6-2 Naturalization(with a child)
1.A person who is or will be raising a minor who is married to a Korean spouse.
F-6-3 Naturalization(divorced status)
1.A person who is married to a Korean but the spouse was deceased, and has not been able to lived a normal Marriage but lived and had a Korean address for more then 2 years
A foreigner who is living legally in Korea for more than 5 years can acquire nationality.
You must have a 60 million worth of assets in your name.
A foreigner who is married to a Korean who has a minor child living in their country can acquire a specialized naturalization after adoption.
After the naturalization of the minor child who is living in their county is finished they can now apply for special naturalization here in Korea.
When a foreigner or a parent applies for a naturalization permit, his/her minor child can apply for a nationality.
Qualification for obtaining permanent residency:
1. Must stayed in Korea legally for more than 5 years.
2.The foreign spouse of a Korean with(F-6) and the minor child with(F-2) must stayed in Korea for more than 2 years.
3. The spouse of a permanent resident(F-2) and their minor child(F-2) must stayed in Korea for more than 2 years.
4. Must invest 500 million won and must have more than 5 workers in a company here in Korea.
5. Korean-born Chinese with F-2 visa who stayed in Korea for more than 5 years.
6. Domestic and foreign doctoral degree holders.
7. Hold a bachelor’s degree in technology field.
8. After graduating from a master’s degree or a bachelor’s degree in domestic arts, and worked for more than 3 years
and worked in a domestic company for more than 1 year.
9. Must have a degree in science, management, trade, culture, arts and physical education.
10. Special merit( Republic of Korea contribution)
11. Must be over 60 years old who receive more than twice GNI pension from overseas.
12. After obtaining F-2 visa qualification the resident and his/her spouse with their minor child must have obtain certain score after 3 years.
13. Real state investors and their spouse and minor child.
14. Domestic-born child of a person with permanent residency.
15. Public interest investors and their spouse and minor child.
16. Technology entrepreneur.
17. Large-scale investment condition(Korean bank deposit of more than 1.5 billion won).